Nootropics are a cognitive technology that includes some foods & supplements. The term was conceived
from the Romanian psychologist and chemist, Corneliu Giurgea in 1972. Giurgea identified the main
features of the nootropic profile to consist of the following:
1. Enhancement of learning acquisition – Support brain learning and memory
2. Support healthy brain function
3. Facilitation of inter hemispheric transfer of information – Support cognitive function
4. Increased tonic, cortico-subcortical 'control' – Support brain focus and attention
5. Absence of unwanted pharmacological effects
In short, Nootropics support brain health, cognitive function, and overall well-being. Every year, more
research is released on the effects of Nootropics but we are still at the infant stages of learning all
the amazing benefits of Nootropics!
Click here to read more about Corneliu Giurgea’s study.